Friday, May 27, 2011

CorePower Yoga: Turn up the Heat

I've been waiting patiently for the new CorePower Yoga studio to open in my Woodbridge neighborhood, and today, I tried the a class. Yoga isn't new for me, but I've never tried hot yoga. The idea is that you practice in a warm studio, 98 degrees or more, and sweat while you stretch. 

I tried the 1:30pm introductory hot yoga class. OK, so it was more like warm yoga for those of us who were just beginning, but I could still feel the heat. About halfway into the class, I remembered that the Yoga Studio used to be a Chevy's Mexican restaurant and had a sudden urge for a margarita on ice. But I sipped my water instead and persevered. I actually felt that the heat helped me, loosening up my muscles and allowing me to work deeper into the poses. 

At the end, I was sweaty but serene. I'll definitely be coming back for more. After all, any activity that tells you to "balance,"  "breathe" and "push your heart forward." is a worthwhile way to spend a Friday afternoon.

CorePower Yoga
Woodbridge Village Center
4700 Barranca Parkway,
Irvine, CA 92614
(949) 551-9642
www.corepoweryoga.com




No comments:

Post a Comment