Monday, May 16, 2011

Catalin-ahhhhhh

It has always been one of my favorites. Ever since I first floated into its harbor more than 30 years ago, Catalina Island has held a place close to my heart.

The first thing you notice about Catalina is the color. The red and yellow boats bobbing in the water near the emerald green Pleasure Pier, the multi-colored cottages and Victorian hotels that cover the hillsides, the vibrant Catalina tiles that decorate the walkways and walls. The sunlight seems more intense as it's reflected off the sea, making all of the colors shine even brighter.

I came back to Catalina to see what's new, but I was hoping to still  find what's old.

What I found was a pleasant mixture of both. Familiar favorites remained next door to new hotels and restaurants, all contributing harmoniously to the new Catalina Island that is waiting to be discovered...
or, in my case, rediscovered.

No comments:

Post a Comment